Monday 8 June 2015

Review - Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation

My mood has been quite erratic lately make up wise, so more often than not I am bare faced and can't be bothered to put any make up on. A few weeks back, I stopped by KLCC Estee Lauder beauty counter to check out their foundation, the Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation.


Upon arrival with minimal make up (powder and lipstick)
The SA started off from scratch and took off all my make up. She then proceeded with all the recommended skin care suitable for my skin.

Suitable skin care for me.
The foundation has many shades available and they use this place card to determine the correct shade for you.
Shade place card

Looking for my shade
I am shade no. 3 and each shade comes in 3 tones, Warm, Cool and Neutral.
There are 21 shades available in total. And these are the shades that are would closely match my skin.


She swatched all three (3) shades on my face and waited a few minutes for it to oxidize and as you can see the middle one (2W0 Warm Vanilla) is my shade!

Warm Vanilla (the middle one blended right in)

The SA then applied the foundation all over my face using a brush. So let's talk about the foundation itself;

Texture : Very light and watery
Buildable : Yes, if you want more coverage you would need a few layers. One layer would give you a light coverage for my scarred open pores face.
Packaging : Glass bottle which is fancy but NO PUMP which is a bit annoying



So here's the full look after the make over! Love how she did my eyes (main difference were just the eyeliner which I should do more often!)




Full look
Thank you so much for the detailed and informative make over Estee Lauder. The SA Ira was such a delight and I loved the look she did.

With the beautician

So the verdict: Does it live up to it's claim of 15 hour wear?
I did not have it on for 15 hours but I wore it for about half a day. I noticed that my face was definitely LESS oily! Wore it today and went out and walked to the LRT station and I came back without a SHINY face! So was definitely a PLUS. I also liked how it's not cakey and it makes my face look fresh in the morning even with a full face make up.


I would highly recommend you trying some yourself before committing! I would buy it but will have to wait until my current foundation runs out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...