Thursday 17 January 2019

Seeing an old friend after 22 years!

My friend Lexi messaged me over FB a few months back telling me that she will be visiting Malaysia and she wonders if I would like a quick meet up. OF COURSE i told her!

Lexi is South African but we met when we were 12 (in 1994) in Australia. We went to the same primary school and became best friends! Most Fridays I would follow her back to her house for a swim and we would watch this series called "Ready or Not" which was so terrible! haha Then we would eat toast with apricot jam or Maggi noodles! But by the year end she moved back to South Africa. However a few years later in 1997 she came back to Australia and went to the same high school so we became friends again. At the end of 1997 I went back to Malaysia and we haven't seen each other since. Thank god for Facebook for connecting us again!

So in December, she had a few nights in KL before her trip to Cameron, Penang and Langkawi so I dropped by her hotel after work. So within the hour plus we managed to catch up with what's been happening for the past 22 years!

She is now working and living in North Carolina and she is now a PROFESSOR! How amazing is that!






After coming back to Langkawi, she stopped by KL before her flight back to the US and we met up for lunch at Din Tai Fung. She loved Malaysia! She said it was beautiful and clean (I was surprised that this! but yeay!) and she loved the food.



It was so nice to meet up with old friends again! Thanks for getting in touch Lexi and I hope it's not another 20 years until we meet again!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...