Wednesday 2 March 2016

Review - Kose Sekkisei Trial Kit

I am always on the search for skincare products that can improve my current skin. At the moment I have large pores with scarring from acne. Luckily my hormones are quite stable at the moment so I am having minimal breakouts. So I was delighted when Kose in collaboration with the Butterfly Project sent me a trail kit. Even more delightful was how the kit was delivered to me! The kit was packaged in a large box and upon opening.......


How cool is that??
Inside the box

Close up of the kit!

The kit contained the following items;
  •  SEKKISEI White Liquid Wash 20ml
  • SEKKISEI Lotion 100ml
  • SEKKISEI Emulsion 70ml
  •  SEKKISEI Clear Whitening Mask 10g
  • Bihadagoyomi mask 3pcs
  • Exclusive Setsuko pouch (kimono style or city chic style)
The SEKKISEI set contains a trio of oriental plant extracts: Coix Seed, Melothria (White Lotus) and Angelica which will work diligently to keep your skin in perfect condition, protected from the harsh environment.

Let's check out each one of the items within the kit.

SEKKISEI White Liquid Wash (140ml/RM131.40)



Cleanse skin without stripping away moisture with this delicate cleanser. Taurine-based cleansing agents leave skin clean and hydrated; while Rubus Suavissmus Extract enhance skin dullness and soothes UV damage. Skin is restored to its optimal condition, ready for the next skincare step. 


Foamy cleanser


The cleanser is foamy so one pump is enough to produce enough suds to clean your face. I loved the cleanser as it was not drying to the skin and truly did its job. My face felt squeaky clean afterwards and does leave the face feeling supple (i.e. bouncy hehe)

SEKKISEI Lotion (200ml/RM180.20, 360ml/RM275.60)


This SEKKISEI bestseller contains ingredients carefully-selected out of 100 types of oriental plants. Used as a toner or a mask, the fine-textured hydrating lotion balances out skin’s moisture levels, prevents dullness, soothes redness and more. KOSÉ’s tip: For instant hydration, place a bihadagoyomi mask into the cap and pour SEKKISEI Lotion until the mask tablet puffs up. Place on face for 10 minutes and notice instantly hydrated skin!


Clear liquid

The mask

Cakk! Me wearing the mask

Loved using the mask and watching the it puff up inside the bottle cap! My face definitely felt super hydrated. 

SEKKISEI Emulsion (140ml/RM191.80)




This quick-absorbing moisturiser works deep into skin, preventing freckles, dark spots and dryness. Ingredients like Inula Britanica Flower, Chinese Pearl Barley, Paeonia Albiflora Root, Melothria Heterophylla and Angelica reveal a more translucent complexion.  Apply 1 to 2 pumps on a cotton pad and sweep over skin. 


The emulsion


The moisturiser is light and not greasy. It absorbs quickly into the face and doesn't leave a shiny trace. I did not use a cotton pad to apply this though as I prefer to just use my hands.

SEKKISEI Clear Whitening Mask (80g/RM94.30)



A gentle peel-off mask that removes dullness and dead skin cells, brightens and hydrates at the same time! Chinese Quince extract inhibits sebum production, while a blend of oriental plant extracts deliver supreme whitening benefits. Nano-sized black powder allows the mask to spread easily.

I was shocked to find that the mask it black! I certainly had fun peeling it off my face and happy at the thought that dead skin cells are taken away too!
Sun Protect
SEKKISEI Sun Protect Essence Gel SPF50+/PA++++ (80g/RM98) and Milk SPF50+/PA++++ (60g/RM105)
With Japan’s highest protection level of SPF50+/PA++++, you can now enjoy ultra-mild sun protection in the form of a gel or a milk. The improved formula contains double the amount of Coix Seed extract, and is enriched with dullness-combatting ingredients like Peony Root Bark and oriental minerals.

Overall verdict : I was pleasantly surprised at how my face did not experience ANY breakout during the one week trial. Phew! My face did not have any dry patches and I noticed that the redness has also decreased slightly. Also I noticed that usually midweek, my nose would feel bumpy from whiteheads. But since using the SEKKISEI range it was considerably less bumpy (i.e. less whiteheads!) After a week, I still have plenty of products so I will continue to use them.

If you want to try these products for yourself the SEKKISEI special edition trial kit is now available and is perfect for first-time users who want to feel and see the SEKKISEI difference for themselves!

The SEKKISEI trial kit is priced at RM99 (GST included), and includes the following:
  • SEKKISEI White Liquid Wash 20ml
  • SEKKISEI Lotion 100ml
  • SEKKISEI Emulsion 70ml
  • SEKKISEI Clear Whitening Mask 10g
  •  Bihadagoyomi mask 3pcs
  • Exclusive Setsuko pouch (kimono style or city chic style)
So what are you waiting for? Try them to so that you can GLOW FROM WITHIN.


For more information about SEKKISEI and please follow KOSÉ Malaysia as follow;

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/kose.malaysiaKOSÉ Malaysia website: www.kose.com.my.






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...