Monday 2 December 2013

Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site

There are a few things that Nazrin is obsessed with (kompang, silat) and one of them is his trucks.

He loves watching videos of all the constructions site machineries and by now he can name most of them. The engineer blood is definitely in him as his father and grandfather are both civil engineers. 
Kimi even took videos of the excavators at work for Nazrin to watch at home which I thought was super sweet!!

So as a way of trying to encourage him to read more I found this book.

Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site
by Sherri Duskey Rinker & Tom Lichtenheld


I bought this at Kinokuniya for RM69.90. So expensive when it's only USD10 over at amazon.
But I didn't want to wait and it's money well spent.

Prior to buying the book I found a video of the book reading and N loves it!

He would watch it over and over again. But when I tried to read it to him he just can't sit still. I can't even get to the end of the book. It's the iPad effect! Grrr...Sigh...Nevermind...will keep trying.
Anyway when I opened to this page, I was so proud to see that he could name all the trucks below correctly!! Well done sayang!
L-R: Bulldozer, crane, dump truck, excavator and concrete truck!
The book itself is great. Love the rhyming and great illustrations! 
I just have to keep trying to read it to him to the end!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...