Tuesday 16 December 2014

A Beautiful Mind

Picture Credit

I watched this movie over the weekend and I forgot how I loved it.

But the scene that really struck me was when Nash was having his latest schizo attack after he stopped taking his meds. He nearly hurt his infant son and her wife walked out of the house to go to her mum's. The doctor told him that he had to take his meds or otherwise he would be dangerous to his wife and family. Nash didn't want to take his medicines as it was clouding his mind and suggested that his wife leaves him. To his surprise his wife stood by him. Not giving up on him even after all that she has been through with him all this time.

In these days where infedelities and divorces are common, it's nice to see a wife staying and standing by her husband. Even when times are so bad, even when tears have been cried. So it's no wonder that his Nobel prize speech was dedicated to her.

Thank you. I've always believed in numbers and the equations and logics that lead to reason.But after a lifetime of such pursuits, I ask,"What truly is logic?""Who decides reason?"My quest has taken me through the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional -- and back.And I have made the most important discovery of my career, the most important discovery of my life: It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logic or reasons can be found.I'm only here tonight because of you.You are the reason I am.You are all my reasons.Thank you.


Unfortunately, this only happened in the movie. In real life, Nash did not give the above speech. Talk about BuzzKill!! pfftt

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...