Sunday 1 June 2014

Fun in the Sun - Butterfly Project x Kiehl's

For the month of June, my blogging community The Butterfly Project, has teamed up with Kiehl's!

30 lucky bloggers will be invited to an event where they will be having fun in the sun while testing their Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream!


This is an oil-free, quickly-absorbed hydrator that leaves the skin balances. Their new cream promises 24-hour No Shine Hydration!! And the best part is, it's paraben free, fragrance free, colorant free and also oil free!


If you are not familiar with the brand, Kiehl's started as an apothecary more than 160 years ago. Kiehl's uses the finest naturally-derived ingredients in their products. Kiehl's skincare targets to respect, restore and strengthen the skin barrier for a healthier, more radiant looking skin. (all info taken from the website)



So why do I need 24 hour no-shine fresh hydration?

I have combination skin where my T-zone is super duper oily. By midday my face contains so much oil that can fill a KUALI to fry a fish! But at the same time, it's dry on the cheeks and chin area so Kiehl's new Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream seems like the perfect solution! When I went to purchase my Hair Protective Cream last week, I asked them for a sample of the moisturizer.



My initial thoughts on the moisturizer are : "It's awesome!! Love the gel texture and true to its claim, my face feels so smooth and NOT sticky oily!"



 I am so sad that the sample only lasts for one day though!! So I would love to get my hands on this GEM so that I can try it for longer and give it a PROPER review!


What do I love about Kiehl’s?

I love the fact that they are not stingy with their samples! When I asked at the KLCC branch for a sample, they were happy to give them to me. I also recall that a while back, I enquired them about a skincare regime for my face. They sat me down and went through all the suggested and suitable skincare items and at the end they gave me samples to ALL of them for me to try!

Secondly, you would think that an established brand with a strong almost cult-like following would come at a hefty price. You are in for a surprise when I tell you that their moisturizer would set you back only RM100! I was shocked to find that I could get a wash, toner & moisturizer for the same price for ONE moisturizer of another brand (hint: First word starts with E and second starts with L).

Lastly, if the once voted sexiest man on earth (now the sexiest Papa alive) Mr Brad Pitt himself loves Kiehl's, WHY shouldn't I love it TOO??!!




If you would like to try their products especially the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream, drop by your nearest Kiehl's store





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...