Friday 12 September 2014

DIY cake topper

It was my father in law's 60th birthday last Sunday.
So we celebrated a few days later and ordered a chocolate cake.
The cake was from bakesnbites (Instagram) and they are now our official cake supplier.
So heavenly SEDAP! 

As it was pretty last minute and we couldn't order up a fancy decorated cake so I made a cake topper.

I managed to find some gold foil origami paper which I glued onto white card stock.
I printed off the wordings and cut and pasted it onto the board.
I could have cut around the wordings properly (like the word "happy") but it was a bit too flimsy and so tedious! So I didn't do that to the "Birthday" and "Papa" wordings. I would have looked nicer though if I did (-_____-)

Stuck those on some wooden sticks and VOILA!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...